California, here I come
Right back where I started from
Where bowers are flowers bloom in the spring
Each morning at dawning
Birdies sing and everything
A sun kissed miss said “Don’t be late!”
That’s why I can hardly wait,
Open up that Golden Gate!
California, here I come!
- Hummingbirds at Our Front Feeder – We get quite a few winged friends visiting our house.
- Heavy Surf Day – Big waves all around Monterey Bay.
- Otters at Breakwater – Some awesome otter action right along the jetty.
- Otters on a Cloudy Day – Several otter moms and pups hanging out at breakwater.
- Otters and Birds and Sea Lions at the Breakwater – Our juvenile otter friend came right up to the rocks to eat.
- Evening otters on the breakwater – An evening of otters on the breakwater.
- Cute otters in the morning – Some really cute otters in the morning.
- Otters and Birds at Breakwater – A really interesting bird showed up on Breakwater.
- A Starfish and some Otters – And a baby sea elephant, too!
- Diving at the metridium fields – We went diving out at the metridium fields in hunt of photos.
- Otters looking cute on calm seas – Some really cute otters and a sea elephant!
- Heavy seas and flowers in Monterey – Rough conditions for diving but beautiful flowers.
- An otter eating a fat innkeeper worm – We’ve seen both otters and fat innkeeper worms together but never an otter eating a fat innkeeper worm before.
- Birds, Divers, Boats, Cannery Row, and Pacific Biological Laboratories – We took a tour of Ed Ricketts’ old lab.
- Evening Otters at San Carlos Beach – The otters were out tonight!
- An elephant seal rescue, birds, and some sea lions – We saw an elephant seal rescue on our local beach. The little guy was pretty skinny but now he’s off to go get fattened up.
- Harbor seals and some scuba divers – The harbor seals are all having their adorable pups right now!
- Evening Breakwater birds – A few lovely shorebirds came out to say hello.
- Big Sur with Danielle and Heather – We headed down to Big Sur to do a little hiking.
- Orange Sunset at Breakwater – The sky was on fire tonight as the fog rolled in.
- Forked Meadow Spring – A gorgeous spring up in the mountains.
- Sea lions, divers, and sea otters – A beautiful day along Breakwater in Monterey.
- Sea lions, pigeons, and a sea otter – Another great day in Monterey.
- Some very cute seals with their pups – The seals have had their pups and now they’re getting close to being weaned.
- The return of Plucky! – Our favorite little sea otter is back at Breakwater!
- An otter in the kelp – Lots of chowing down in the kelp for this otter.
- An otter eating an abalone – This is the first time we’ve seen an otter chowing down on an abalone in the wild! Very cool!
- The Night Heron Returns – Our friendly neighborhood night heron was back at Breakwater after a few month absence.
- Sea otters in Monterey harbor – There was a really big flotilla of otters in Monterey harbor today.
- Seal beach pups and a few friends – Lots of really cute little seal pups on the seal beach.
- Sea lions and cormorants at Breakwater – There was a really cute pile of pups at Breakwater today.
- A really cute sea otter at Breakwater today – This sea otter was looking super cute chowing down on some muscles.
- Coast Guard helicopter water rescue demonstration at Breakwater – We saw an excellent water rescue demonstration at the Coast Guard open house in Monterey today.
- Sea otters, sea lions, and a wee little bird – Look at that adorable little bird!
- Cute otters at Breakwater – There were two otters at Breakwater today.
- Pup piles, a seal, a mini regatta, and a sea otter – Lots of cute pups!
- Riding up Laureles Grade and out through the farm fields – Riding the PC800 in Monterey County.
- Lovely little lithops – The stone plants in our front windows sure are cute.
- Heather’s birthday cake and pizza – We also made pancakes for Heather’s birthday!
- 400th Dive – I did my 400th dive!!!
- Hoping for rain at Forked Meadow – A promising cloud but no rain.
- Abortive Trip to Spain – I never made it past San Diego thanks to coastal fog.
- Ladder truck at Breakwater – The fire department had a ladder truck out and about for some reason.
- Car show in Customs House Plaza – A random car show on a random day in downtown Monterey.
- Watching SCUBA training at Breakwater – Some interesting entry and exit techniques on display.
- Monterey 4th of July – Another fun filled parade in old town Monterey.
- Baby Sea Lions and Low Tides – Low tides in Monterey with loads of baby sea lions piled up at Breakwater.
- Quick trip to Orlando – I did a quick trip to Orlando for a conference.
- Bixby Creek Bridge – I took the truck down to Bixby Creek Bridge.
- Diving around Monterey – Great viz days but lots of urchins.
- Monterey Car Week – So many hundreds of millions of dollars of cars all in one place!
- Quick trip to Anaheim – I rode my PC800 down the Pacific Coast to Anaheim for work.
- Visiting Forked Meadow in September – Quick trip up to Forked Meadow to help my parents with a few things at their newly completed house.
- Running at Dawn in Monterey – Beautiful morning along the water.
- Working on drysuit seals – Doing some upgrades to Heather’s drysuit.
- Another beautiful morning in Monterey – Dawn is spectacular this time of year.
- Google Cloud campus – As part of a work trip I went by the Google Cloud campus.
- Another crazy beautiful sunrise in Monterey – Can’t ever get sick of this sunrise.
- Going up Bald Mountain with Heather – We took the 4runner out to Forked Meadow and ran up Bald Mountain with it.
- Giant Sequoias: Upper McKinley Grove – We went with my parents into the upper grove.
- Exploring the meadows at Forked Meadow – One last walk through the meadows before going back to Monterey.
- A Trip to the Succulent Gardens – The succulent gardens never disappoint.
- Truck Maintenance Day – I did some work on the truck over the weekend.
- October dawn on Cannery Row – What a beautiful dawn!
- Succulent Society Sale and Show – Wow these succulents are crazy cool! Lots of rare stuff at the sale and show this year.
- Foggy Monterey morning – Big stags out in the mist.
- Getting Wrecked at Breakwater – Huge waves on the beach wreck some SCUBA divers.
- Succulent blooms – Happy little blooms!
- Dawn Run to Seal Beach – A run along the waterfront.
- Volunteer appreciation night at the aquarium – A wonderful night among the fishes.
- Making it to Forked Meadow in a snow storm – An epic adventure in driving through deep snow to make it to Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving in a snowstorm – After we made it to Forked Meadow then we got to work on Thanksgiving dinner.
- Lighting piles in the snow – When there’s a bunch of snow on the ground it’s a great time to do some pile burning.
- Working on the truck and checking out the burn piles in the snow – The truck decided to be cranky with starting in the cold weather.
- Monterey Christmas lights regatta – The fleet was decked out for the holidays.
- Snowy Forked Meadow day – It was a snowy day out at Forked Meadow and Poofy was enjoying the wood stove.
- Snowy meadow walk – Beautiful snowy day.
- Snow, clouds and sky – Wow what a day in the mountains!
- Walking Around Monterey – Lovely winter day.